Attractive Tax incentives for new residents - ACT 20/22
Puerto Rico is the very first “Free and Associated State” of the United States of America. From a luxury beach property to tiny cottages, this beautiful Caribbean Island offers some unique real estate investment opportunities and is a tax haven for US citizens. The following two laws, Act 20 and Act 22 were passed to encourage high net worth individuals and businesses to invest here and help grow the economy.
Incentives for Individual Investors / Act 22
Provides a total tax exemption from Puerto Rico income taxes on all passive income realized or accrued when the individual investor becomes a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico. Benefits include:
Special Tax Benefits for Businesses/Act 20
This law is designed to establish and develop Puerto Rico as an international export services center. The goal is to encourage local service providers to expand outside Puerto Rico and to promote the development of new business and inbound transfer of foreign goods to the country.
- 100% tax exemption from Puerto Rico income taxes on all dividends
- 100% tax exemption from Puerto Rico income taxes on all interest
- 100% tax exemption on all long and short term capital gains accrued after becoming a new resident of Puerto Rico
These are just a few reasons that purchasing a home in Puerto Rico or establishing a new business in San Juan is a smart decision and a wise investment. Our expert Agents can answer all your questions about investing here and about buying your dream home in San Juan. Make the call to our office today at 787-688-9415, 787-728-6124 or email us. We look forward to serving you.
- Tax rates as low as 3 and 4 percent
- 100% exemption on dividends or profit distributions and on property taxes
- 20-year decree, renewable for an additional 10 years